Saturday, July 4, 2009

Intimate Landscape - Bloodrooot


Oil on Panel
12 x 13

I thought I'd already put this up, but here it sits in draft form. Yet another oversight on my part, easily corrected.

This is another of my intimate landscapes. Every so often I like to just pick a small bit of land or streambed and see if I can bring it to life. That's pretty much what I up to here with a delicate little bloodroot flower. These are about the first of the spring wildflowers. When they start blooming winter is officially over for me.

I think I'm caught up now. Everything that's worth looking at is now posted. Wonder what I'll do next.

1 comment:

d00mg1rl said...

You've certainly done more then just bring this "small bit of land" to life. It's beautifully detailed and breathtakingly inviting.