Monday, April 28, 2008

White Lace Mask


silverpoint on bluish gray prepared paper heightened with gouache
8 x 6

A little while back I started an allegory of painting piece. ( I really need to get back into that seriously again.) Part of that allegory involves a masked woman, a subject that I found fascinating as it turns out. I'm not really sure why this is, but it seems to be a fairly widespread fascination. I suppose it has something to do with mystery, or hiding yourself and becoming someone else for a while. I'll leave you to ponder that yourself. This is one of the drawings from what is turning out to be a series of masked and veiled women. I liked the soft, lacy look of this mask. It made the perfect subject for silverpoint.

This mask in particular was made by the model who just happens to run eyefeather.com . So if you are ever in need of a mask you might want to take a look at her site. She's got all kinds of masks for all kinds of occasions.

2 comments:

Linda Blondheim said...

Wonderful work. It's so nice to see silverpoint again.
Love,
Linda
www.lindablondheimartnotes.blogspot.com

Dave B said...

Thanks so much. It good to see a fellow silverpoint fan. There will be more.